Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Now Im The One Locked Out of Heaven

Almost a week ago now I went to the Bruno Mars concert and WOW!

I remember earlier in the year seeing Rihanna and I couldn't stop talking about it for a week.  Its been a week since my Moonshine Jungle experience and, again, I still can't stop talking about it. 

When your opening act is the amazing performer, singer and fashionista that is Ellie Goulding I would think Bruno felt some pressure. But boy did he step up to the plate. You could see his joy throughout his entire performance. He was born to perform; Singing live and well for the entire show, dancing and engaging the crowd like I have never seen before. In addition to his stellar moves, his band/backup dancers/crew was just as amazing. 

The songs were splendidly laid out in that there was a good mix of his most popular up beat songs as well as some of his lesser known new songs with a slower tempo. In between all that he managed to keep the audience completely engaged, even serenading one superbly lucky girl in the audience. Im not sure she made it out alive... I dont know that I would have. Those moves.... That voice....Ughhh

Now, I am no lighting expert but in my eyes, the lighting (and fireworks and other pyro techniques) were amazing. At points I was so fascinated by the lights I forgot to stare at Bruno's perfect face. 

No Bruno concert would be complete with his classics... Billionaire, Grenade and Marry You and he, of course, did not disappoint. Seriously captivating! He had the ENTIRE crowd singing along with him. And in an outdoor venue boy did it sound magnificent! 

My personal favourite was Gorilla. It has been one of my favourites on his new album and I didnt see how I could love it more. But I do. After hearing it live I dont think anything I hear will sound as good. It seemed live a euphoria of energy, sounds, lights and pure genius. Thinking about it again simply puts me in a good mood. 

If you are even a little bit of a Bruno fan you better get your butt over to ticketmaster and get some tickets! By far the best money you will spend on a concert. 

Now I just feel locked out of heaven....
T∆NY∆


No comments:

Post a Comment